Thursday, October 21, 2010

Find rest my soul...........

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Psalm 62: 5-6

To say the last few weeks have been horrible for my extended family would be a HUGE understatement. Firstly my gorgeous cousin's Father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer and lost the battle within a few short weeks. The toll this has taken on her and her husband has been heartbreaking to watch and reminded each of us that life is short and to treasure each moment.

 There is something about the loss of a friend or family members parent that gives you a wake-up call about the reality that we are all growing older and will eventually replace them as the "grown-ups" in our families. As hard as losing a parent is, it is something we all know will happen at some point, and although sometimes it is premature, it is something that happens to everyone at some point.

What we don't expect is what happened last night. My other cousin (from the same family) lost her partner in tragic circumstances. So now, a family that was already battered and bruised, is faced with more heartache and suffering. A beautiful girl has lost her life partner all to soon and her boys have lost a man they loved.

I received a message from a friend today and she pointed out that I'm Mercedes from last nights Glee episode and she is Kurt. If you don't watch Glee, last nights episode centred around Kurt and his Father, and ultimately Kurts lack of belief in God. Mercedes however is full of faith and sings a moving rendition of 'Bridge over troubled water'. Now, I'm no black girl that can rock it like nobody's business, but I do have faith. And right now, I'm having faith for my cousins as well. Faith that they will feel the comfort and love coming at them from all our super supportive friends and family.

Earlier tonight I was sitting at the kitchen table when the words of the below song came to me, I've used it in a previous blog and I pray that this will somehow help in coming days.

Hide me now

Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand




When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm

Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God




Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

No comments:

Post a Comment